Author Topic: Who has done the Victory headlight swap? If you have, we need to chat.  (Read 24826 times)

Slick26

• Sept 2015 ROM Winner
  • Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
Well you have to use an HID system designed for the H11 bulb.
So my guess is you'll have to order something new.
Check out www.ddmtuning.com, their stuff is pretty decent.
Otherwise, I do believe there is an HID thread floating around on here somewhere.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Budzo

• 2014 ROM Winner
    • Warrior
    I found a good price from a Victory dealer online for the chrome version.  It's on backorder until July 20.  Popcorn time!  :popcorn:

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    I found a good price from a Victory dealer online for the chrome version.  It's on backorder until July 20.  Popcorn time!  :popcorn:

Share please!

• Advertisement

Budzo

• 2014 ROM Winner
      • Warrior

Share please!

http://www.VICTORYPARTSRUS.com/catalog_product_detail.asp?cat=7642-92402-92390-0-0&product=1185797

RAIDER MANN

• Road Star
      • Referrals: 1
      Budzo you may want to make sure this the entire unit.  The add says bucket assembly, you may have to get the headlamp separate.  If it is the entire lamp, light & bucket then this is a great deal.

Budzo

• 2014 ROM Winner
      • Warrior
      Budzo you may want to make sure this the entire unit.  The add says bucket assembly, you may have to get the headlamp separate.  If it is the entire lamp, light & bucket then this is a great deal.

I sent an email to confirm, but I'm pretty sure it includes the lamp as well.

RAIDER MANN

• Road Star

I sent an email to confirm, but I'm pretty sure it includes the lamp as well.

Let us know, because I will buy a chrome one and sell the black 1 I have.  Great find Budzo!

Slick26

• Sept 2015 ROM Winner
      • Roadliner
      That's the entire shebang, not just the bucket.

RAIDER MANN

• Road Star

SWWWWEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

Budzo

• 2014 ROM Winner
      • Warrior

Cool.  Thanks Slick.

Slick26

• Sept 2015 ROM Winner
      • Roadliner
      Just need that second pigtail, which you can get just about anywhere... including an old car or bike.
      Or just go to an auto parts store and buy one. Just make sure it has enough wiring, not just the plug.

RAIDER MANN

• Road Star
      Slick,

What did you do with the oxygen sensor or air temp gauge that was in the original headlight bucket when you mounted the Vic HL?

chalomalo

• Road Star
        • https://www.google.com/maps/place/900+Henderson+Ave,+Sunnyvale,+CA+94086/@37.3582543,-122.0046932,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x808fb5e4a8e04429:0xb98b58565cc11616?hl=en-US
      Who has done the Victory headlight swap? If you have, we need to chat.
      « Reply #42 on: Jul 12, 2012, 09:09:33 pm »
      Oh dang, there goes another mod added to my "to do" list, as if I didn't already have enough. Someone point out the way for finding a money tree please? Thanks.

Regards,
      Chalomalo
      Regards,
      chalomalo

Slick26

• Sept 2015 ROM Winner
      • Roadliner
      Slick,

What did you do with the oxygen sensor or air temp gauge that was in the original headlight bucket when you mounted the Vic HL?

Stuck it out the rear of the headlight bucket. There's enough wires in there to just wedge it between and it just chills there.
      I've considered somehow making a mount for it so it doesn't get jostled around, but I've been so busy with other stuff.
      So far it's worked great.

Plus, enough air gets into the headlight bucket around the edges of the glass of the headlight itself, as well as the wiring hole in the back.
      Seems to be sufficient. If I do eventually have problems, I'll think of something else.

Slick26

• Sept 2015 ROM Winner
      • Roadliner
      Oh dang, there goes another mod added to my "to do" list, as if I didn't already have enough. Someone point out the way for finding a money tree please? Thanks.

Regards,
      Chalomalo

No kidding.