Author Topic: Custom saddle?  (Read 5682 times)

LadyRaider

Custom saddle?
« on: Nov 23, 2008, 05:10:47 pm »
I'm looking for a little more cush for my tush and am wondering if any of you have put a custom saddle on your Raider.  I've researched the Mustang, Corbin and Russell Day-Long seats but without the opportunity to sit/ride on one myself, it's a bit hard to choose what might feel the best. 

I'd like a sleeker, lower profile option, which is why I'm a tad partial to the Corbin Hollywood Solo, but it has to be comfortable and supportive enough for an all day ride.

Any thoughts/experiences would be appreciated.  Thanks!

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

SLK

• Global Moderator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 0
    Re: Custom saddle?
    « Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2008, 07:00:20 pm »
    I tried the Corbin Hollywood solo.  It is better than stock, but I replaced it with the Yamaha Custom Cruise.  Better but still not the best.  If Ultimate ever announces that they have a set available for the Raider I will own another set of them.  Loved them on my Vstar they were the best I ever experienced.
    SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

topfun2001

• Road Star
      • SplatBrothers? PaintBall
    « Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2008, 07:36:41 pm »
    I swear by Corbin...  I had one on my V*1100 Classic for years.  When I got my Raider I ordered a Corbin and it was on the bike within 2 weeks.  I use the Dual Tour model and it is not the sleekest visual but I ride a bunch of 2 up miles with my wife.  I even got the heated model this time and it has come in handy already...LOL

Once the Corbin is broke in you will think the only thing missing is the remote control and your favorite beverage.  I have put many many thousands of miles on my Corbin's and they are still comfortable.  My longest Raider trip was about 10 straight hours (with the usual breaks - gas and sodas...LOL) and my tush was still good to go for a few more miles...

Corbin Baby Corbin

-Topper
    « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2008, 07:38:43 pm by topfun2001 »
    K&N Mod - Dual Spikes - 240 Club - Iron Braid Lever Wraps - Jagg Oil Filter - Mortons Taillight, Side Arm Covers, Front Fender, Shift Linkage - Supreme Legends - Pro One Black Flame Mirrors - Corbin Classic Solo Seat - L&M Chin Scoop - i600 Scorpio Alarm - Driving Lights - Custom Paint - Speedo Mod  & More...

• Advertisement

gman

« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2008, 11:35:23 pm »
      I had a Mustang on my last bike and it was great, so I got one for my Raider.

GrayRaider08

« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2008, 06:40:59 am »
       ;D Check out the ULTIMATE Seats before you buy.  I ride for comfort, and I have the Ultimate King Solo on my RUNE.  I put 650 miles a day on trips, and being 62 years young,
      I need all the comfort I can get and this is one of the best.  I have friends who have gone to the Corbin for their Runes and have come to regret their decisions after riding mine.
      I still have the stocker on my Raider, I haven't decided to change it out yet, but if and whren I do I will go with the Ultimate GunSlinger style for it.  ;D

LadyRaider

« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2008, 07:22:03 am »
      Thanks everyone; appreciate the feedback.  I've been a good girl this year so we'll see what Santa leaves under the tree.  ;)

SWomack

• Raider
      • Referrals: 19
      « Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2008, 09:49:41 am »
      Corbin Hollywood Solo is the seat you should be looking at for your Raider.  Great styling and just feel right.
      Radstar has on on his red s Raider and it looks and feels great.  Check it out.  Looks even better in person
      then in the pictures.

Later
      SWomack
      SoCal Raider Rider

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2008, 11:01:10 pm »
      ;D Check out the ULTIMATE Seats before you buy.  I ride for comfort, and I have the Ultimate King Solo on my RUNE.  I put 650 miles a day on trips, and being 62 years young,
      I need all the comfort I can get and this is one of the best.  I have friends who have gone to the Corbin for their Runes and have come to regret their decisions after riding mine.
      I still have the stocker on my Raider, I haven't decided to change it out yet, but if and whren I do I will go with the Ultimate GunSlinger style for it.  ;D

I have fired off several letters and emails to Ultimate asking when they intend to have out seats for the Raider.  So far I received no answer and find nothing on their web site for the Raider.  But like you, when they finally make something for the Raider I will own it.
      SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

calinmn

« Reply #8 on: Nov 29, 2008, 03:57:27 pm »
      I too have the ultimate on a stratoliner and love it!  I might bring the raider seat to a seat guy and have it modded.  I can always buy another on ebay.
      Cal

LadyRaider

« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2008, 07:54:54 am »
      Thanks guys!  :)

Wrencher54

« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2008, 12:19:01 pm »
      Another alternative is to get your seat re-done with gel padding.

Ace

• Raider
      • Referrals: 131
        • RoadStarRaider.com
      « Reply #11 on: Nov 30, 2008, 09:40:30 pm »
      Another alternative is to get your seat re-done with gel padding.

Cheaper and can be a DIY project.

SWomack

• Raider
      « Reply #12 on: Dec 01, 2008, 02:48:43 pm »
      I am planning on taking my seat in to a custom seat guy and having him modify the seat.  Once he does the modification I will have him re-wrap it in custom leather.  I think that is a great option verse buying something that everyone else already own's.  Just my take.

Later
      Swomack
      SoCal Raider Rider

Vod Kanockers

« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2009, 12:36:34 am »
      Check out Ultimate's "COMING SOON" page:
      http://www.ultimateseats.ca/comingsoon.html

(the picture is of a Roadliner, but the Raider seat is coming this Spring!!!)

SWomack

• Raider
      « Reply #14 on: Jan 19, 2009, 09:54:30 am »
      Man that is one big ass seat