Author Topic: What did you do to your Raider today................  (Read 1117680 times)

Orion90

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: What did you do to your Raider today................
« Reply #12000 on: Aug 03, 2021, 04:32:24 pm »
Hard mounted with the brackets they came with.  I might swap them out for quick release brackets down the line though even though I doubt I will be riding without them.

That was my plan as I had EZ-Brackets on my V-Star 1100, but found that I only removed them when washing my bike. The QR brackets make the bags stick out more than permanent brackets, so I decided to stick with them. It would be nice to remove for washing, especially with the wheels that I have, but I don't want to add an inch to both sides.

I just wanted to make sure you weren't doing a sling over method because it will destroy your clear coat/paint.

Yeah the way the QR brackets make them stick out is why I didn't order them already.  I figured if it annoyed me enough while detailing I'd get them.  But so far it hasn't been too bad.  At least not enough to warrant spending more money for something I like the looks less of.  As for the sling over method I would never do that.  The same way I'd never have a car bra.  Fine dust gets in there and you have successfully paid to make sandpaper. 

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #12001 on: Aug 03, 2021, 04:49:36 pm »
    Hard mounted with the brackets they came with.  I might swap them out for quick release brackets down the line though even though I doubt I will be riding without them.

That was my plan as I had EZ-Brackets on my V-Star 1100, but found that I only removed them when washing my bike. The QR brackets make the bags stick out more than permanent brackets, so I decided to stick with them. It would be nice to remove for washing, especially with the wheels that I have, but I don't want to add an inch to both sides.

I just wanted to make sure you weren't doing a sling over method because it will destroy your clear coat/paint.

Yeah the way the QR brackets make them stick out is why I didn't order them already.  I figured if it annoyed me enough while detailing I'd get them.  But so far it hasn't been too bad.  At least not enough to warrant spending more money for something I like the looks less of.  As for the sling over method I would never do that.  The same way I'd never have a car bra.  Fine dust gets in there and you have successfully paid to make sandpaper.

Exactly!  Unfortunately with my first Raider, I went with the Yamaha Raider bags (which sucked) and they did exactly what you're talking about. Plus living in AZ, there's ALL KINDS of fine dust.

Orion90

• V Star
    « Reply #12002 on: Aug 03, 2021, 05:09:06 pm »

Exactly!  Unfortunately with my first Raider, I went with the Yamaha Raider bags (which sucked) and they did exactly what you're talking about. Plus living in AZ, there's ALL KINDS of fine dust.

Oof I can only imagine.  I have heard nothing but good things about Viking Bags even when I had my Suzuki.  Plus I got one hell of a deal on them so couldn't turn them down now that the bike is my daily driver (pending weather of course).

• Advertisement

Badbluraider

• Warrior
      « Reply #12003 on: Aug 14, 2021, 06:29:11 pm »
      Changed K&N for a fresh one today. Changed oil and filter a couple of weeks ago after rolling 20K. ;D

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #12004 on: Aug 15, 2021, 08:00:17 am »
      Ordered new parts for the silver Raider ;D
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

bIKEr42lue

• Raider
      « Reply #12005 on: Sep 07, 2021, 04:28:09 pm »
      New rear tire and rear brake pads.
      Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #12006 on: Sep 19, 2021, 08:38:48 pm »
      Made a new license plate mount and installed the blaster x
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #12007 on: Sep 24, 2021, 07:54:06 am »
      Yesterday I FINALLY got my baby back from the dealership service department from its 8K service check and it needed it. I pointed out the rusted front fork seals. They also found it needed new spark plugs, a new solenoid, new air filter, oil change with filter, so yeah it needed the check up. I dropped her off a week before Hurricane Ida hit my town and since they had to order parts I FINALLY got my baby back yesterday and took her on a 4hr loop through the neighboring town on the back roads. This morning I'm going to give her a good wash as she is disgusting.
      « Last Edit: Sep 24, 2021, 07:58:34 am by FireNative »

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #12008 on: Yesterday at 12:13:37 pm »
      Changed my exhaust

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #12009 on: Yesterday at 03:03:16 pm »
      Changed my exhaust

Dang it I want those pipes for the sound. I am sooooo jealous. The only problem is I ride with EarDial ear plugs to cut out the wind decibels, and it allows me to lower my music volume in my helmet speakers and hear the music better at lower volumes than even at max without the plugs. I also love that with the plugs in I can hear the stock pipes having a good rumble, (not a Harley rumble but a good weak rumble). I am afraid that if I get those pipes and even with my EarDial ear plugs the pipes will drown out my music in my speakers in my helmet and I HAVE to have my music to enjoy my ride. Maybe with the quiet baffles?  EarDial claims they drop the decibels by 20. I have EarDial, EarGasm, and QuietOn ear plugs and I love the EarDial for fit, ease of cleaning, and overall best sound reduction and sound quality. I can hear the perfect amount of rumble from my stock pipes and music at 3/4 volume is loud enough and I can understand and hear the lyrics. Would 1000% recommend EarDial plugs just for the wind alone even with no loud pipes. 

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #12010 on: Yesterday at 03:42:35 pm »
       :raider:
      Changed my exhaust

Dang it I want those pipes for the sound. I am sooooo jealous. The only problem is I ride with EarDial ear plugs to cut out the wind decibels, and it allows me to lower my music volume in my helmet speakers and hear the music better at lower volumes than even at max without the plugs. I also love that with the plugs in I can hear the stock pipes having a good rumble, (not a Harley rumble but a good weak rumble). I am afraid that if I get those pipes and even with my EarDial ear plugs the pipes will drown out my music in my speakers in my helmet and I HAVE to have my music to enjoy my ride. Maybe with the quiet baffles?  EarDial claims they drop the decibels by 20. I have EarDial, EarGasm, and QuietOn ear plugs and I love the EarDial for fit, ease of cleaning, and overall best sound reduction and sound quality. I can hear the perfect amount of rumble from my stock pipes and music at 3/4 volume is loud enough and I can understand and hear the lyrics. Would 1000% recommend EarDial plugs just for the wind alone even with no loud pipes.
      I wear a full face Simpson Mod Bandit with a Cardo Packtalk Black  with 45mm speakers in the ear pockets and have no problems hearing running 80mph but can still hear the music clearly