Author Topic: What did you do to your Raider today................  (Read 1240209 times)

cdnraider09

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
Re: What do you do to your Raider today................
« Reply #1110 on: Aug 20, 2010, 02:34:49 pm »
hell no its not! my local dealer tried to pull the same crap on me. buy the barnett kit have it installed or do it yourself. if you have low miles on your bike you probably haven't worn the friction plates and steels at all so why replace whats not needed.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

bigblue113

• Road Star
    « Reply #1111 on: Aug 20, 2010, 04:21:04 pm »
    i know thats what i thought.......were you haven some slippedge with yours?//i wanted to do the conversion kit anyway this winter....but i have noticed i do have a slite slip throught the gears....

Flipper

• SEA-ROAR Member
    • Warrior
      • JW Publishing Corp
    « Reply #1112 on: Aug 21, 2010, 05:20:24 pm »
    Went for a ride with my baby on back.  Hit 10,000 mile mark, turned around and tried to beat the rain home.  Well glad my baby insisted on the rain gear going with us.

Flipper

I love salt water but the rain I don't love so much on the bike.

Stealth Bike

• Advertisement

TXbroker

• Warrior
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #1113 on: Aug 21, 2010, 05:22:59 pm »
      Rode up to Denton, bought some things from Cuervo and now have chrome levers and cobra bungee nobs on my bike. I also ordered a Elite 3 240 and Dyna beads on Friday. Keep the last part quite, someone doesnt know yet....
      Raiderless

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #1114 on: Aug 21, 2010, 05:31:58 pm »
      Rode up to Denton, bought some things from Cuervo and now have chrome levers and cobra bungee nobs on my bike. I also ordered a Elite 3 240 and Dyna beads on Friday. Keep the last part quite, someone doesnt know yet....

Did you find chrome levers or have your OEM's chromed? 

I dropped my bike off at Tejas... to have the swing arm painted. 

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

TXbroker

• Warrior
      « Reply #1115 on: Aug 21, 2010, 05:36:40 pm »

Bought Kury models that Cuervo had
      Raiderless

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1116 on: Aug 21, 2010, 05:38:18 pm »

Bought Kury models that Cuervo had

Are you going on the Texarkana ride?  I'd like to see them. 

July 2009

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

TXbroker

• Warrior
      « Reply #1117 on: Aug 21, 2010, 05:41:03 pm »
      Trying to T, i've been traveling most of the month and have issues at one of our offices, I may be a last minute entry.

My wife is also giving me the "I had a dream about this trip and it wasnt good" so she has asked several times I not go,
      Raiderless

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1118 on: Aug 21, 2010, 05:45:57 pm »
      Trying to T, i've been traveling most of the month and have issues at one of our offices, I may be a last minute entry.

My wife is also giving me the "I had a dream about this trip and it wasnt good" so she has asked several times I not go,

Between you and me (and I guess the rest of the forum-  ;D) I think listening to your wife is a good idea.  I'd really like to meet you but... ??  As the saying goes... God works in mysterious ways.  I'd hate for you to show up and then something happen.... ya know?  There will be other rides.   Either way... if not next week-end, some other time... we'll meet.  :thumbs:

July 2009

bombsquadmike

• Road Star
      « Reply #1119 on: Aug 21, 2010, 09:47:36 pm »
      Dropped my baby off at the shop for insurance repairs.

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #1120 on: Aug 21, 2010, 11:41:32 pm »
      Rode it to the shop to warm up the oil then changed the oil and filter, cleaned the crankcase vent breather filter, checked my brakes. The rear brakes and rotor are toast! Got to get new brakes next week end. Checked the air. Charged up the MP3.
      I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

Kevin Dixon

• Raider
      « Reply #1121 on: Aug 22, 2010, 03:15:55 am »
      Rode 250 miles this weekend.  50 of those miles through one of the worst rainstorms I have ever rode through.  Got my zombie medallions in for the cam cover and thinking real hard about putting them on right now.  While I am at it will remove the SAC as I am not really liking the look of it over the stock cover.
      Insanity at it's fastest!!!  And for you hard headed Red Raiders BLACK IS FASTER!!!

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1122 on: Aug 22, 2010, 03:34:24 am »
      The wife and I red into town went to a car dealership wher I drooled all over a green corvette, and then went down the street and drooled all over a red mustang, and all the time hearing no you can not buy it >:(.  Then we went to the sportsman warehouse and got some reloading supplies and my moose and caribou tags.  Then we rode to an ice-cream store and I plied my wife with her favorite flavor and she still said no to corvette or the mustang. >:( >:(. Should have spent the ice cream money on ammo :D. Then we rode to friends house and then went out to burger joint, the wife still said no to the cars.   So we rode home and I put stuff away, and was glad she at least let me get the raider, cause it is a fun ride.
      SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

Kevin Dixon

• Raider
      « Reply #1123 on: Aug 22, 2010, 05:57:12 am »
      Just put on my Zombie medallions and removed my SAC
      Insanity at it's fastest!!!  And for you hard headed Red Raiders BLACK IS FASTER!!!

bigblue113

• Road Star
      « Reply #1124 on: Aug 22, 2010, 06:17:58 am »
      took a ride with my star chapter to bucks county pa from south jersey,,it was about 400 miles...the longest one day ride i have done...it was awsome neve knew i had mountain roads so close...alot of twistes and vertical drops...it was a great day....but...recently guttted my stock exhaust ....  anyone else do this and feel you need a power commander?????the bike was running good for most of the day then about the last 80 miles or so it just went down hill...engine was running rought and at idel it seemed it was missing.....just had an oil change and was told i will need to do a full clutch repair...well i definetley felt it slippen alot more on this ride >:( >:(..like i got 7 bills right now to get her fixed >:( >:(anyway sure could use alot of support...fellin kinda down about the beast......