Author Topic: What did you do to your Raider today................  (Read 1104899 times)

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
Re: What did you do to your Raider today................
« Reply #11985 on: May 06, 2021, 02:07:30 am »
I discovered that my battery and Desiree's Stryker battery are dead. Calling the dealer to get a new one today. It's been a number of years since I've replaced, which for AZ is REALLY good for a motorcycle battery. Also going to order new tires. I'm vaccinated and wanting to get out into the world a bit more.

I attempted to put a battery in that I picked up from O'Reilley's since my dealer was going to take two weeks to get one. The one from O'Reilly's was too wide, so I took it back. Tried AutoZone, but it was the same size. Ended up ordering a Yuasa from Amazon. It's supposed to be here Monday.

Desiree's battery fit just fine. It was tight, but fit.

Hopefully it won't be the same width at the two others.  Good luck.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    « Reply #11986 on: May 06, 2021, 10:22:34 am »
    I discovered that my battery and Desiree's Stryker battery are dead. Calling the dealer to get a new one today. It's been a number of years since I've replaced, which for AZ is REALLY good for a motorcycle battery. Also going to order new tires. I'm vaccinated and wanting to get out into the world a bit more.

I attempted to put a battery in that I picked up from O'Reilley's since my dealer was going to take two weeks to get one. The one from O'Reilly's was too wide, so I took it back. Tried AutoZone, but it was the same size. Ended up ordering a Yuasa from Amazon. It's supposed to be here Monday.

It's not. I just pulled a Yuasa battery out of my Raider and one of the first comments on Amazon was from another Raider owner raving about the battery. This is my preferred battery. I am wondering if I am going to regret getting Desiree the one from O' Reilley's.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #11987 on: May 06, 2021, 03:29:53 pm »

It's not. I just pulled a Yuasa battery out of my Raider and one of the first comments on Amazon was from another Raider owner raving about the battery. This is my preferred battery. I am wondering if I am going to regret getting Desiree the one from O' Reilley's.

Good to hear about yours, hopefully the O'Reilley's battery will be good also for Desiree's ride.

• Advertisement

bIKEr42lue

• Raider
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #11988 on: May 18, 2021, 10:08:32 am »
      Plugged her in to the battery tender. It's been raining for the past week here so I haven't had much riding lately. Hooked up the battery to keep it alive while she's idle.
      Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

ZEUS67

• Road Star
      « Reply #11989 on: Jul 11, 2021, 01:35:02 pm »
      Changed the transfer case oil for the first time since I bought mine last year. Wasn't sure when or if the previous owner did it so at least I have a starting point. Surprisingly easy seeing everything else on the Raider can be a little complicated.  Maybe having Cobra pipes helped because the fill hole and weep hole were very easy to access.  Only the drain bolt was a little bit of a challenge behind the rear brake lines but not too bad

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #11990 on: Jul 11, 2021, 03:12:34 pm »
      I forgot to put this here about March 10th of this year I got a passenger pad with suction cups and a huge ‎23"L x 19"H x 13"W Kuryakyn passenger bag I paid $180 for new from Amazon (currently $191 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076ZT344C/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1) Worked good for my 6 day trip to Alexandra, LA the last week of April of this year. I had to stop every few miles to make sure the bag didn't shift too much to one side and push back the passenger pad as they both where sliding. The suction cups where damaging my paint so I threw a dirty t-shirt under the pad for the ride home. I will probably add 2 straps to brag the pad to keep it close to the driver seat and try putting 2 more straps on the back of the bag in an X shape to see if that holds the bag from sliding to the side. But besides that the bag is HUGE and worked good.

ZEUS67

• Road Star
      « Reply #11991 on: Jul 15, 2021, 04:35:45 pm »
      Changed my rear brake pads with Galfer semi metallic pads.  Pads look and feel nice so we'll see how long they last and how much dust they create. Got them for $30 on Parts Giant so they weren't the cheapest like some I saw on Ebay

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #11992 on: Jul 16, 2021, 05:17:54 am »
      New tires front and rear  and changed the oil and filters getting Bullet ready for SERR
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #11993 on: Jul 16, 2021, 04:06:46 pm »
      New tires front and rear  and changed the oil and filters getting Bullet ready for SERR
      Canít wait!

seventhLetter

• Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #11994 on: Jul 16, 2021, 11:43:43 pm »
      Looked at her all lonely in the garage and got sad.  She's old and beat up and not in rideable condition at the moment.
      RoxieRaider, SeventhLetter, G, "hey you", I answer to just about anything.

Badbluraider

• Warrior
      « Reply #11995 on: Jul 18, 2021, 07:05:08 am »
      Changed oil and filter, 19,928 miles ;D