Author Topic: What did you do to your Raider today................  (Read 1116915 times)

Orion90

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: What did you do to your Raider today................
« Reply #12000 on: Aug 03, 2021, 04:32:24 pm »
Hard mounted with the brackets they came with.  I might swap them out for quick release brackets down the line though even though I doubt I will be riding without them.

That was my plan as I had EZ-Brackets on my V-Star 1100, but found that I only removed them when washing my bike. The QR brackets make the bags stick out more than permanent brackets, so I decided to stick with them. It would be nice to remove for washing, especially with the wheels that I have, but I don't want to add an inch to both sides.

I just wanted to make sure you weren't doing a sling over method because it will destroy your clear coat/paint.

Yeah the way the QR brackets make them stick out is why I didn't order them already.  I figured if it annoyed me enough while detailing I'd get them.  But so far it hasn't been too bad.  At least not enough to warrant spending more money for something I like the looks less of.  As for the sling over method I would never do that.  The same way I'd never have a car bra.  Fine dust gets in there and you have successfully paid to make sandpaper. 

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #12001 on: Aug 03, 2021, 04:49:36 pm »
    Hard mounted with the brackets they came with.  I might swap them out for quick release brackets down the line though even though I doubt I will be riding without them.

That was my plan as I had EZ-Brackets on my V-Star 1100, but found that I only removed them when washing my bike. The QR brackets make the bags stick out more than permanent brackets, so I decided to stick with them. It would be nice to remove for washing, especially with the wheels that I have, but I don't want to add an inch to both sides.

I just wanted to make sure you weren't doing a sling over method because it will destroy your clear coat/paint.

Yeah the way the QR brackets make them stick out is why I didn't order them already.  I figured if it annoyed me enough while detailing I'd get them.  But so far it hasn't been too bad.  At least not enough to warrant spending more money for something I like the looks less of.  As for the sling over method I would never do that.  The same way I'd never have a car bra.  Fine dust gets in there and you have successfully paid to make sandpaper.

Exactly!  Unfortunately with my first Raider, I went with the Yamaha Raider bags (which sucked) and they did exactly what you're talking about. Plus living in AZ, there's ALL KINDS of fine dust.

Orion90

• V Star
    « Reply #12002 on: Aug 03, 2021, 05:09:06 pm »

Exactly!  Unfortunately with my first Raider, I went with the Yamaha Raider bags (which sucked) and they did exactly what you're talking about. Plus living in AZ, there's ALL KINDS of fine dust.

Oof I can only imagine.  I have heard nothing but good things about Viking Bags even when I had my Suzuki.  Plus I got one hell of a deal on them so couldn't turn them down now that the bike is my daily driver (pending weather of course).

• Advertisement

Badbluraider

• Warrior
      « Reply #12003 on: Aug 14, 2021, 06:29:11 pm »
      Changed K&N for a fresh one today. Changed oil and filter a couple of weeks ago after rolling 20K. ;D

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #12004 on: Aug 15, 2021, 08:00:17 am »
      Ordered new parts for the silver Raider ;D
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

bIKEr42lue

• Raider
      « Reply #12005 on: Sep 07, 2021, 04:28:09 pm »
      New rear tire and rear brake pads.
      Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #12006 on: Sep 19, 2021, 08:38:48 pm »
      Made a new license plate mount and installed the blaster x
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires