Author Topic: Ares X's NEW Raider thread  (Read 55231 times)

basco05

• AG 05
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Ares X's NEW Raider thread
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2013, 11:11:52 am »
To match my current Raider may be a bit of a challenge because unlike the '09 non-S model, the 2012 non-S model comes with a gloss black dash and gloss black fender struts. The 2013 model comes with matte black instead of gloss. So in order to get the chrome dash and struts I'd have to go with an S model which has far too much chrome for my liking.

If you're going to part out your old Raider, have you considered keeping the dash and struts from it?  That way you can keep those chrome...  Even if you sell it or trade it in, you could swap the dash and struts for the black ones. :shrug:

Yeah.  That's already a consideration.

I misspoke... er, typed...  when I said part it out.  I really meant sell it as is to someone looking to use it for parts. There was a guy on Craigslist looking for three specific bikes that were in accidents and the Raider was one of them.

Part of me almost wants to hang on to the current Raider just so I can swap out the chrome pieces.  I just think the matte black dash and struts will be too much on a matte black Raider, unless I was planning on blacking out the whole bike.

:agree:  At the very least, have a gloss black dash and struts just to give some contrast/definition.

Then I would need to get a 2012.  The gloss black just doesn't have that much appeal to me. Not sure why. I get what you're saying though.

Another option would be to go completely matte for the whole bike with an alternate color...like silver or grey.  That would look pretty sweet imo.
There is no replacement for displacement

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #31 on: May 03, 2013, 11:16:32 am »
    When I purchased mine through Tejas I had the tax put in with the deal, including the separate licensing fees.  It went very smoothly and it was even a learning experience for them.  They had never dealt with the Washington State process.

when i moved to Wa from Tx it only cost me $120 to transfer the title and get plates in WA

We are talking about the very first registration after buying, if your state has sales tax that has to be paid when you buy, most dealers include it in the sales agreement along with the title and licensing fees, but the sales tax can be a very big chunk of money, much higher then just the title and regs.

Thanks for letting me know that.  I wasn't aware of that.   

I have a feeling all the extras with the discounts is what helped you out a lot. My guess is that you didn't get those discounts at your local dealer.  So in the long run it made more sense to go with Tejas.

Actually my local dealer offered the same discounts but the price of what they could get stuff for compared to what Tejas could get them was a huge difference.  Why?... I have no idea.  The bike alone, Tejas,$13,069.00 my local shop $15,395.00.  The only thing that was the same was the labor, both shops came in at only $17.00 difference for the complete labor charge.

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    « Reply #32 on: May 03, 2013, 11:20:30 am »

Another option would be to go completely matte for the whole bike with an alternate color...like silver or grey.  That would look pretty sweet imo.

It would look sharp, but it's not me.   I'm VERY black oriented. I wear mostly black, if not all black, every day.  Silver to me doesn't count as a color, so I'm okay with it.  I'm not even thrilled with the red pinstripe around the wheel. And I love red.  Probably my second favorite color.

• Advertisement

basco05

• AG 05
      • Warrior
      « Reply #33 on: May 03, 2013, 11:33:25 am »
      I'm not even thrilled with the red pinstripe around the wheel. And I love red.  Probably my second favorite color.

I think it looks good on the red/black bike, but on the rest it looks out of place...

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #34 on: May 03, 2013, 11:38:54 am »
      I'm not even thrilled with the red pinstripe around the wheel. And I love red.  Probably my second favorite color.

I think it looks good on the red/black bike, but on the rest it looks out of place...

Is it on any others.  I think the only Non-S for 2013 is the black Raider which also has red in the "star" logo, which I hate.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #35 on: May 03, 2013, 11:43:25 am »

Is it on any others.  I think the only Non-S for 2013 is the black Raider which also has red in the "star" logo, which I hate.

:agree:  I think Yamaha took a step backwards with the Star logo on the tanks.

Deyv

• Raider
      « Reply #36 on: May 03, 2013, 11:45:22 am »

:agree:  Ares... if you're looking to have a Chrome dash and the bike comes with black.. I'd be interested in making a swap... If you need another option...

basco05

• AG 05
      • Warrior
      « Reply #37 on: May 03, 2013, 11:52:42 am »

'13 red S model has black wheels with the red pinstripes.  The local dealer has one on the floor.  I saw last Saturday when I went in to pick up new plugs.

But I think that's the only one other than the '13 non-S raven.  So I guess, I should have said it would look out of place.

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #38 on: May 03, 2013, 11:57:28 am »

'13 red S model has black wheels with the red pinstripes.  The local dealer has one on the floor.  I saw last Saturday when I went in to pick up new plugs.

But I think that's the only one other than the '13 non-S raven.  So I guess, I should have said it would look out of place.

Friend just bought a 2013 ... the logo is the only issue I have with it. I really like the pinstripped wheels and matching stitching.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #39 on: May 03, 2013, 12:14:56 pm »

Friend just bought a 2013 ... the logo is the only issue I have with it. I really like the pinstripped wheels and matching stitching.

There's red stiching too???   AHHH!!!

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #40 on: May 03, 2013, 12:15:42 pm »

In the seat ... looks good though.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #41 on: May 03, 2013, 12:16:07 pm »

:agree:  Ares... if you're looking to have a Chrome dash and the bike comes with black.. I'd be interested in making a swap... If you need another option...

I will keep that in mind.  That may be an option.  Is your chrome in pretty good shape?  I'd want to swap both the dash and the fender struts.  Would you be willing on both?

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #42 on: May 03, 2013, 12:16:32 pm »

In the seat ... looks good though.

I'm sure it does.  Just not what I want.  Who knows... I may like it.

Deyv

• Raider
      « Reply #43 on: May 03, 2013, 01:04:06 pm »

I will keep that in mind.  That may be an option.  Is your chrome in pretty good shape?  I'd want to swap both the dash and the fender struts.  Would you be willing on both?

Chrome's in good shape, imo, are you referrring to the rear fender struts?

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #44 on: May 03, 2013, 01:11:36 pm »
      Chrome's in good shape, imo, are you referrring to the rear fender struts?

Yeah.  Here's a pic...