Author Topic: Wolfraider Bobber runs rough. Need insights!!!  (Read 12807 times)

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Wolfraider Bobber runs rough. Need insights!!!
« Reply #30 on: Jun 17, 2013, 08:27:32 am »
I called a few shops to get a preassure test done. It's a 2 week wait for an appointment. Sucks!!!!
To live on two wheels is to live a life in balance!

100k miles March 2008 - May 2014

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

woodog

• 2012 ROM Winner
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #31 on: Jun 17, 2013, 09:39:27 am »
    Did the problem show up all of a sudden or after some work was done on the bike? Does the bike idle ok and just under a load its sputtering? have you checked for good spark out of all four coils? is there a way to check fuel pressure?

The problem showed up all of a sudden at the rally in Branson, MO.

Kewlraider problem showed up at SERR Rally and after about 500.00 in trouble shooting at the Yammi dealer in the area I think. He nursed it home WAMMO...Fuel Pump.
    « Last Edit: Jun 17, 2013, 09:42:30 am by woodog »
    Woodog..Patriot Raider...Marine... MGySgt.  Semper Fidelis

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #32 on: Jun 17, 2013, 11:12:29 am »
    Wolf- I'm guessing you've already checked the obvious things like plugs and air filter.  Just be glad it's not accomponied by a loud clacking noise.

• Advertisement

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
      • Raider
      « Reply #33 on: Jun 18, 2013, 10:10:01 pm »
      I ordered a fuel pump from 2wheelpros.com.
      Can't wait to get it!

blakjak

• Road Star
      « Reply #34 on: Jun 18, 2013, 11:58:39 pm »
      The price isn't too bad either comparatively speaking for an OEM pump. Good find.
      2008 Raven Raider, Vance & Hines 2-1, 250 Avon Cobra, Power Commander III, Progressive Lowering Kit (springs & dogbones), Barons BAK, Boulevard windscreen...

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #35 on: Jun 19, 2013, 12:09:06 am »
      The price isn't too bad either comparatively speaking for an OEM pump. Good find.

Wow, still a chunk of change, but much better then full retail.  How long until you get it Wolf?

MinRaider

• Road Star
      « Reply #36 on: Jun 19, 2013, 05:21:58 am »
      How can a fuel pump cost $695.00 retail?  I had to get 1 for my yamaha seca turbo a long time ago & they wanted $980.00 for a fuel pump.  :o   Sometimes I think its cheaper to get a new bike!!  ???  I looked & the best I found so far is $420.34,  But I haven't bought anything here:  http://www.dealercostparts.com/pages/oemparts#%2fYamaha%2fROADLINER_S_-_XV19SW_-_2007%2fFUEL_TANK_2%2fXV19SW_(2007_MOTORCYCLE)%2fFUEL_TANK_2_(XV19SW_-_2007)     I never found this place before but I think I might check them out for something on the small side just to see how they do.   Good luck Wolf,  talk to you soon... Gary                                                                                                          This link is supposed to go right to the fuel pump page but its just going to the home page, but you can go from there.  ;D
      « Last Edit: Jun 19, 2013, 05:29:35 am by MinRaider »
                                                              Riding a Raider is "Living A Dream"

Phaedrus

• Road Star
      « Reply #37 on: Jun 19, 2013, 06:35:22 am »
      Nice find MinRaider - Thank you.

Wolfraider- Did you actually get the pressure test done?  [I may have missed the results] or are you fairly sure it's the pump?

Starky

• Raider
      « Reply #38 on: Jun 19, 2013, 08:00:50 am »
      Did you ever try disconnecting the PCIII and try running it stock to see if you have the same problem?
      You can run, but you will only die tired.
      From a place you cannot see comes a sound you will never hear.

michael t

• Warrior
        • bersachat.com
      « Reply #39 on: Jun 21, 2013, 07:51:14 pm »
      I bought the extended warranty  just to handle they type of problems .  In fact was the posts before on fuel pumps that made the choice easy .   Yamaha might sell their bikes less than a HD . But pay retail for a couple parts and their right there with Harley in price 
      [

Been there, Done it . Have License. Plate to prove it

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

Went the telephone poles look like a solid wall . Your at cruise speed

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #40 on: Jun 21, 2013, 07:52:50 pm »
      I bought the extended warranty  just to handle they type of problems .  In fact was the posts before on fuel pumps that made the choice easy .   Yamaha might sell their bikes less than a HD . But pay retail for a couple parts and their right there with Harley in price

I did the same thing with my new Raider.

I think Wolf would be beyond any extended warranty anyway.

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #41 on: Jun 21, 2013, 08:15:58 pm »
      Our extended warranty’s are based on years, but with unlimited mileage. He got his in '07 so if he had a 6 year warranty he is still covered.

I did the same thing with my new Raider.

I think Wolf would be beyond any extended warranty anyway.
      I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
      • Raider
      « Reply #42 on: Jun 21, 2013, 10:44:55 pm »
      In response to Ray, Michael, and Ares:
      No warranty coverage here any more. Found out that I paid for the YES package, but the dealership never transferred the information to Yamaha.
      I rode for 5 years, believing I had coverage. Luckily my trusted steed never left me hanging of broke down.
      After I found out about it, I raised a ruckus, but all I got, was my money back.

In response to Starky:
      I did not run my bike without PCIII, just stock, because of PR-BAK and pipes. The engine would run lean and the symptoms would remain very much the same.

In response to Phaedrus and Bill:
      I didn't have the pump pressure tested, because the diagnostic charge was $140 minimum. Paid for close to a third of the cost for the pump.
      Tried my luck and ordered it. Should be here on Tuesday. Will try to get it in asap. I'll keep you guys posted.
      Don't want to ride the bike because running lean means running hot. No need for additional damage. 

With a shortened riding season because of a sh&##y spring, and still 13k miles to go to complete my quest for 100k miles in 6 years, I'm as antsy as can be.
      The weekend is here and all I can do is stare at my bike.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #43 on: Jun 21, 2013, 10:51:29 pm »
      No warranty coverage here any more. Found out that I paid for the YES package, but the dealership never transferred the information to Yamaha.
      I rode for 5 years, believing I had coverage. Luckily my trusted steed never left me hanging of broke down.
      After I found out about it, I raised a ruckus, but all I got, was my money back.

In response to Starky:
      I did not run my bike without PCIII, just stock, because of PR-BAK and pipes. The engine would run lean and the symptoms would remain very much the same.

I didn't have the pump pressure tested, because the diagnostic charge was $140 minimum. Paid for close to a third of the cost for the pump.
      Tried my luck and ordered it. Should be here on Tuesday. Will try to get it in asap. I'll keep you guys posted.
      Don't want to ride the bike because running lean means running hot. No need for additional damage. 

With a shortened riding season because of a sh&##y spring, and still 13k miles to go to complete my quest for 100k miles in 6 years, I'm as antsy as can be.

Damn, I didn't pay that much for my fuel pressure gauge.  But it will probably cost me more then that to learn how to use it...  :o :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #44 on: Jun 21, 2013, 11:02:29 pm »

In response to Starky:

I really hope you make to 100k miles. I had planned to and I plan to with my new one.  Only time will tell.