Author Topic: EXUP Actuator Removal  (Read 53592 times)

Skidmark

• WARR Rider
  • Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
Re: EXUP Actuator Removal
« Reply #15 on: Mar 27, 2010, 08:56:29 pm »
well i wish i knew that before i tore the dang thing apart. guess i have to buy the eliminator from graves now. at least now people know this "fix" is Bulls**t.
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
"Harley Davidsons have the unique ability to convert gasoline into noise without the side effect of horsepower...."

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider
    • Global Moderator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 5
    « Reply #16 on: Mar 28, 2010, 06:39:24 am »
    Yes, thanks, now we know, but that doesn't pay you for your time and effort.  I apologize for not telling you everything I had learned.

I don't mean to be the bearer of more bad news but it is all I have.  Last time I checked, Graves had an eliminator for sport and dual purpose bike families but not for the XV1900s. The Raider's system uses one more wire.

I sent Graves an email to ask when the Raider version would be available and they haven't responded.

Here is a diagram of what the other bikes are using for the five-wire system. The cathodes of the diodes are toward the red/white wire. I don't know what the Raider's sixth wire does, but I would bet it goes where the second diode goes.  Any electronics whizes want to try that and report back?

« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2010, 06:55:36 am by TRaider_John »

Skidmark

• WARR Rider
    • Roadliner
    « Reply #17 on: Mar 28, 2010, 12:03:44 pm »
    i found that diagram the other day but idk where your getting the "sixth" wire on the raider from. mine only has the orange, red, white, green, black wires. if the graves plug doesnt work i will probably try and compare the different wiring diagrams and figure out which wires in the diagram you posted correspond with the raiders wiring. has anyone ever called star direct about this? since their slogan is "we build it, your customize it" maybe they would be more inclined to help us out?
    "Harley Davidsons have the unique ability to convert gasoline into noise without the side effect of horsepower...."

• Advertisement

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #18 on: Mar 28, 2010, 12:09:26 pm »
      OK, I've been wrong before,  Maybe it was 5 vs, 4 wires.  Anyway, Graves doesn't list the Raider.

Budzo

• 2014 ROM Winner
      • Warrior
      « Reply #19 on: Mar 28, 2010, 02:09:17 pm »
      The Graves eliminator works on the Raider.  All the Yamaha's use the same exup plug.  I am using it and it works.

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #20 on: Mar 28, 2010, 04:42:21 pm »
      Thanks, that is good to know.  Another forum indicated that there were different configurations.  Like I said, I've been wrong before.

Skidmark

• WARR Rider
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #21 on: Mar 29, 2010, 11:09:53 am »
      are sure budzo? the only reason i ask is because i emailed graves asking them if it will work on an 09 raider and said no. maybe they said that because they have not tested it and dont want to be liable if it doesnt work. i just want to verify that the eliminator part # ELYUEX does work on the 2009 raider. Thanks.

Budzo

• 2014 ROM Winner
      • Warrior
      « Reply #22 on: Mar 29, 2010, 02:45:18 pm »
      are sure budzo? the only reason i ask is because i emailed graves asking them if it will work on an 09 raider and said no. maybe they said that because they have not tested it and dont want to be liable if it doesnt work. i just want to verify that the eliminator part # ELYUEX does work on the 2009 raider. Thanks.

It's working just fine on mine.  Order it. If it doesn't work for you I'll buy it from you and sell it on the R1-R6 forums.

CoDan

« Reply #23 on: Mar 29, 2010, 04:20:34 pm »
      i found that diagram the other day but idk where your getting the "sixth" wire on the raider from. mine only has the orange, red, white, green, black wires. if the graves plug doesnt work i will probably try and compare the different wiring diagrams and figure out which wires in the diagram you posted correspond with the raiders wiring. has anyone ever called star direct about this? since their slogan is "we build it, your customize it" maybe they would be more inclined to help us out?

You would be better off trying to get a visit with the pope than getting technical info from yamaha. I know first hand on this. They tell you to see a dealer and that is the gospel truth.

Skidmark

• WARR Rider
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #24 on: Mar 31, 2010, 06:57:51 pm »
      alrighty so i got the plug today, plugged it in and it didnt kill the 17 code. i found and did the diagnostic sequence and now im really confused. here is what i found in the sequence pertaining to the error codes

d61 - 00
      d62 - 1
      d70 - 00

so its showing i have one error in the memory, but none active, yet when the key is turned on and the needles are done i get the time and the 17 code. whats going on??
      « Last Edit: Mar 31, 2010, 08:41:38 pm by knucklehead »

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #25 on: Mar 31, 2010, 08:31:12 pm »
      I finally got a return email from Graves.  I had asked them if they were developing one for the Raider.  The respnse was "so no".  Whatever that means it doesn't sound good.

I am not impressed.   

I wish I had been able to tell you that before you bothered to order one.

I'll see what I can learn about those codes.

Skidmark

• WARR Rider
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #26 on: Mar 31, 2010, 08:38:40 pm »
      well its not your fault traider, i had one ordered and got the "no it wont work" email from them but a member here said it was working on his just fine so i didnt cancel the order. well come to find out it really doesnt work. no ive gotta find a used exup motor or something to i can get that damn code gone. >:(

those codes are in the manual
      d61 is fault code display
      d62 is malfunction history
      d70 is control number

if anyone has pulled their exup valve apart could you please let me know what wires go to where? i tried to resolder everything together and its still not working.
      « Last Edit: Mar 31, 2010, 10:59:35 pm by knucklehead »

Skidmark

• WARR Rider
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #27 on: Apr 01, 2010, 12:22:32 am »
      I guess ill be the Guinea pig and try your solution as well. lol. I can solder and wire but this circuitry stuff it new to me. what wattage will i need for the resistors?

Skidmark

• WARR Rider
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #28 on: Apr 01, 2010, 12:29:42 am »
      ok, i will grab the stuff tomorrow and hopefully have an answer for you tomorrow night.

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #29 on: Apr 01, 2010, 03:07:20 am »

Knucklehead, we really appreciate you stepping out on this one.  That circuit is the one that appears to work on the other Yamaha bikes (see my earlier post), but so does the Graves thing.  Good luck!  I really hope your efforts are rewarded.