Author Topic: EXUP Actuator Removal  (Read 71394 times)

TTE

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • Tanzania Trophy Expeditions
Re: EXUP Actuator Removal
« Reply #150 on: Oct 19, 2016, 10:05:40 pm »
Thanks.  That is where I took the pic today when visiting my bike at the painters ( I'd like him to get it done).

There were mentions of cables ?  Will they get disconnected at both ends (where ever they go).

Do I have to plug anything up, or just remove the motor and install the 12o'clock eliminator ?

Will I have to get the bike re-tuned after removing the servo motor ? The ECU got flashed from a speed shop in a different state before I got it.

Thanks
If you're not living on the edge ..... you're taking up too much room

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

SCL#484

• Raider
    « Reply #151 on: Oct 19, 2016, 10:52:42 pm »
    Yes, disconnect both ends of cables.
    No, you don't have to plug anything but that 12O'clock eliminator. (see page #8 of this thread)
    I don't need to re-tune my bike.
    ;LSRR's; SCL Club; SAC Club; FSD Club; PCV Club; Avon 240 Club; Custom Dynamic Club; PCS Club; Webslinger Club; JPD HotRod CLub; Chrome Whore Club; DGD Club; Cyclops Club; Ivan's ECU Re-flash Club; Roadlok Club; Fork Extension Club;

TTE

• Road Star
      • Tanzania Trophy Expeditions
    « Reply #152 on: Oct 20, 2016, 12:16:54 am »
    Thanks Man
    If you're not living on the edge ..... you're taking up too much room

• Advertisement

BorderlandBiker

• "Trust in God, no fear..." INDIAN LARRY
      • Road Star
      « Reply #153 on: Feb 04, 2020, 12:22:28 am »
      With one of my earlier Raiders I just put a SuperTrapp Slip-on BEHIND the Exup valve (I left the Exup valve intact) It seemed to help in the MID RANGE. My guess is the Raider has so much power it won't know the difference. My current 2016 Raider has the Performance exhaust system and the Exup removed and works fine.  PEACE  O8O RIDE SAFE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnxyzyy8TUs&feature=emb_logo

I'll admit the V&H system looks a lot better than my SuperTrapp slip-on
      « Last Edit: Feb 04, 2020, 12:32:31 am by BorderlandBiker »

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 5
      « Reply #154 on: Feb 20, 2020, 11:25:09 am »
      Removed the whole thing, plugged in the emulator. Rode.  No noticeable change in performance at low end, high end felt great. 

fireandice51

• Road Star
      « Reply #155 on: Jun 25, 2020, 12:17:19 am »
      Great thread. Now a question.Bought with V&H exhaust, my servo has been disconnected for At least
       5 years on my ‘12 Raider. Now the code 17 engine lite comes on after about 10 miles. I see that the cables are not there, so why would the code come on? How would I find the wiring to install an emulator? Any help would be appreciated- thanks

Kevs UK Raider SCL

• UK Raider SCL #300
      • Warrior
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #156 on: Jun 25, 2020, 02:55:08 am »
      If the cables are removed you shouldn't have an issue. If the exup is still in place and the electrical connector is still plugged into it you should not have a fault code. If the connector is unplugged you need a plug it exup eliminator. I used this one from 12 o/c labs

http://shop.12oclocklabs.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=94

If you need an eliminator you might as well remove the xup. For the record I have V&H 2:1 and have no issues at all.
      One of only around 85 or so Raider Owners in the UK

fireandice51

• Road Star
      « Reply #157 on: Jun 25, 2020, 11:22:38 am »
      Thanks Fiddles- I think I can see the connection to the servo just about in the middle, just in front of the fender skirt, and it is plugged in. My buddy is using my lift, doing his clutch, so I’m a bit on hold, but am ordering the Eliminator..

Do you, or anyone know if that code is only for the servo( that is an inop)? And if so, why would the code suddenly pop up if there is no reason for it, as the servo is plugged in and just the cables have been removed? Thanks guys!

Mrzee

• V Star
      « Reply #158 on: Oct 03, 2020, 09:10:37 am »
      I bouth a Raider with stock exhaust but guted. The code and the check engine for the Exup are present. Didn t had a chance to look in to it, ecup valve is connected but not working. Also bouyh an exup eliminator. My question is, for my configuration should i plug in the Eliminator or recover the exup system and make it work.

Kevs UK Raider SCL

• UK Raider SCL #300
      • Warrior
      « Reply #159 on: Oct 03, 2020, 05:28:49 pm »
      I bouth a Raider with stock exhaust but guted. The code and the check engine for the Exup are present. Didn t had a chance to look in to it, ecup valve is connected but not working. Also bouyh an exup eliminator. My question is, for my configuration should i plug in the Eliminator or recover the exup system and make it work.

I am surprised your bike is running well, as if the exup butterfly valve is still in the exhaust with the actual exup not working correctly, the engine will make the exhaust pop and bang.

Either replace the exup motor and ensure you have the cables, or change the exhaust and remove the exup all together and get the eliminator to kill the engine check light. If you need a working exup motor, I have two spares

Mrzee

• V Star
      « Reply #160 on: Oct 04, 2020, 12:45:26 am »

I am surprised your bike is running well, as if the exup butterfly valve is still in the exhaust with the actual exup not working correctly, the engine will make the exhaust pop and bang.

Either replace the exup motor and ensure you have the cables, or change the exhaust and remove the exup all together and get the eliminator to kill the engine check light. If you need a working exup motor, I have two spares
      The exup valve is blocked on open and indeed it s poping when decelerating. I added an exup eliminator for the errors and now they are gone. Thing is i m searching for a stock slipon, going deaf here, but you know, in Europe it s kinda hard to find raider parts. I ll remove the servo motor at some point and see if it s dead.

Kevs UK Raider SCL

• UK Raider SCL #300
      • Warrior
      « Reply #161 on: Oct 04, 2020, 04:53:43 am »

The exup valve is blocked on open and indeed it s poping when decelerating. I added an exup eliminator for the errors and now they are gone. Thing is i m searching for a stock slipon, going deaf here, but you know, in Europe it s kinda hard to find raider parts. I ll remove the servo motor at some point and see if it s dead.

I've replied to your PM

House O Pain

• V Star
      « Reply #162 on: Dec 13, 2020, 05:14:20 pm »
      Old thread, but information is priceless!  I'm mounting my Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius Pipes and plan on getting IVANS flash done.  If I remove the EXUP after all this will it have any effect on the Flash? 

I worry about every little thing  :o so any advise would help.

Thanks.
      "A man's got to know his limitations"  Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #163 on: Dec 13, 2020, 05:31:30 pm »
      If you remove the servo it will set the check engine light or a code, you well need a 12 o'clock labs exup elimator to work without a light going off
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Kevs UK Raider SCL

• UK Raider SCL #300
      • Warrior
      « Reply #164 on: Dec 13, 2020, 05:32:38 pm »
      Old thread, but information is priceless!  I'm mounting my Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius Pipes and plan on getting IVANS flash done.  If I remove the EXUP after all this will it have any effect on the Flash? 

I worry about every little thing  :o so any advise would help.

Thanks.

The short answer is NO.

I have the same set up with Freedom Sharp Curves, Ivans Flash and a K&N filter with no cover.
      I took the exup off and plugged in an eliminator to stop the engine check light coming on.

The exup eliminator I got was called "12 o/clock labs" .... see link
      http://shop.12oclocklabs.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=94

Hope this helps