Author Topic: EXUP Actuator Removal  (Read 63166 times)

House O Pain

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: EXUP Actuator Removal
« Reply #165 on: Dec 14, 2020, 08:14:28 pm »
Thanks for the help!
"A man's got to know his limitations"  Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Daveo

• V Star
    « Reply #166 on: Apr 01, 2021, 04:21:20 pm »
     I hope someone out there can give me a pointer as where I can locate the exup actuator on the Raider, I read this post and it has raised a few questions as I was about to ask for advice on the setting up of a Cobra  closed loop fuel module I have just put on the bike. Then I saw this and thought I better check out my bike to see what was previously done when the pipes were replaced , where is it fixed to the bike ? thanks

the urban legend

• Raider
    « Reply #167 on: Apr 01, 2021, 08:06:56 pm »
    Between the rear fender and the battery box, on the right side. You should see it from the right if it's still there.
    I'd rather die on a motorcycle than live without one.

• Advertisement

Kevs UK Raider SCL

• UK Raider SCL #300
      • Roadliner
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #168 on: Apr 02, 2021, 11:35:41 am »
      I hope someone out there can give me a pointer as where I can locate the exup actuator on the Raider, I read this post and it has raised a few questions as I was about to ask for advice on the setting up of a Cobra  closed loop fuel module I have just put on the bike. Then I saw this and thought I better check out my bike to see what was previously done when the pipes were replaced , where is it fixed to the bike ? thanks

If the cables are removed from the exhaust to the exup under the rear fender area, the exup won't be operating. It will still pulse when you turn on your ignition where you can here it.
      You can remove it but it'll throw a light in the speedo housing, but you can buy an eliminator to deal with that.

One of only around 65 or so Raider Owners in the UK

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #169 on: Apr 02, 2021, 11:53:53 am »

If the cables are removed from the exhaust to the exup under the rear fender area, the exup won't be operating. It will still pulse when you turn on your ignition where you can here it.
      You can remove it but it'll throw a light in the speedo housing, but you can buy an eliminator to deal with that.

Buy the eliminator. They're not expensive and totally worth it.

Daveo

• V Star
      « Reply #170 on: Apr 05, 2021, 04:25:57 pm »
      Thanks for the tips, I checked out my bike and found the actuator there minus the cables , from reading the previous posts it seems i can either leave it like that or remove it and fit an electronic eliminator to loose the weight , I found this on Ebay , has anyone used this YAM-EE elminator ?             
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Servo-Exhaust-EXUP-F1-Eliminator-Yamaha-RAIDER-XV1900-06-17-Vizi-Tec/265025183289?hash=item3db4bb5e39:g:i5YAAOSwridaIbp6

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #171 on: Apr 05, 2021, 07:28:25 pm »
      Thanks for the tips, I checked out my bike and found the actuator there minus the cables , from reading the previous posts it seems i can either leave it like that or remove it and fit an electronic eliminator to loose the weight , I found this on Ebay , has anyone used this YAM-EE elminator ?             
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Servo-Exhaust-EXUP-F1-Eliminator-Yamaha-RAIDER-XV1900-06-17-Vizi-Tec/265025183289?hash=item3db4bb5e39:g:i5YAAOSwridaIbp6
      have never heard of that one, most use 12o'clock labs elimator
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #172 on: Apr 05, 2021, 10:55:28 pm »
      Same here.

It's only slightly more in price and we all know it works.

LoneRaiderMI

• Natasha
      • V Star
      « Reply #173 on: Jul 13, 2021, 03:00:11 pm »
      Buy the exup eliminator from 12 o'clock labs and remove servo. I installed mine and have 2000 miles on it since and no issues what so ever so far

HaloStigmata

• V Star
      « Reply #174 on: Sep 25, 2021, 09:22:36 am »
      Alright! Not beating a dead horse here. I've had my new pipes for years, and my exup just decided to lock up and throw an 18 code. This thread gave me the answers I need to fix the issue. Thanks to all for documenting your experiences.  O8O