Author Topic: What I've learned in 250,000 miles of riding motorcycles.  (Read 59774 times)

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 6
Re: What I've learned in 250,000 miles of riding motorcycles.
« Reply #45 on: Mar 11, 2010, 03:47:52 pm »
DO NOT, I repeat do not poke along on the right or left rear corner of any vehicle in a lane next to yours. That's just bad form and WILL lead to getting cut off, as your in their blind spot. More importantly tho, is that you don't do that in the rain. I was 9,035 miles into a 9,043 mile journey, back from the west coast, on a very wet road. A darn big ass Tahoe came around me just as he reached a flooded area in his lane that was over a 100' long. I was almost knocked off the bike by the massive wave from his rooster tail as he slowly passed me. Took it full force in the chest and face like a fire hose. Thought it was never gonna stop and feared for my life for a few terrifying seconds. 8 miles from home and nearly drowned riding a m/c! Whodathunkit! :o
I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

gostr8r

• Raider
    « Reply #46 on: Mar 11, 2010, 03:54:05 pm »
    I'll give credit to my brothers and sisters on our forum here for the cool tips they gave me about the Netbooks, and apps for cell phones that can track and record your movements. That's all way cool stuff and I will be getting the Toshiba or Asus Netbook. When the money tree starts to bloom and I can afford a $30 a month increase in my cellular bill, for the app required on new phone, I'm getting that one too. My son has it and loves it.
    I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

gostr8r

• Raider
    « Reply #47 on: Mar 11, 2010, 08:28:13 pm »
    We have the best model of an air cooled, push rod actuated, belt driven, V twin bad ass looking torque monster on the market! :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

• Advertisement

gman

« Reply #48 on: Mar 11, 2010, 08:56:04 pm »
      If you got more to say I'm still reading. Thanks for the info.

RedStar Raider

• WARR MEMBER
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 3
      « Reply #49 on: Mar 11, 2010, 08:58:05 pm »
      We have the best model of an air cooled, push rod actuated, belt driven, V twin bad ass looking torque monster on the market! :ohyeah: :ohyeah:
      Tell us how ya REALLY feel!!!  ;D

RSR
      RedStar Raider             FOUR WHEELS MOVE YOUR BODY, TWO WHEELS MOVE YOUR SOUL.

MYWORLD

• MY BABY!!
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 8
      « Reply #50 on: Mar 11, 2010, 08:58:48 pm »

FO SHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      SEA-ROAR MEMBER

gostr8r

• Raider
      « Reply #51 on: Mar 11, 2010, 09:24:47 pm »
      Ok I held back a little on the Raider kudos. You' all hear it and sing it so much anyhow. Also
      I just realized that the bronze wool I use so much is from a company called Homax Products, Inc.
       in Bellingham. It's called Rhodes American Bronze wool, finish grade.

RSR
      « Last Edit: Mar 11, 2010, 09:27:20 pm by gostr8r »

RedStar Raider

• WARR MEMBER
      • Raider
      « Reply #52 on: Mar 11, 2010, 09:27:02 pm »
      I just realized that the bronze wool I use so much is from a company called Homax Products, Inc.

RSR
      Wanna pay them a visit? It's fine by me.  :raider: :raider:
      RedStar Raider             FOUR WHEELS MOVE YOUR BODY, TWO WHEELS MOVE YOUR SOUL.

MYWORLD

• MY BABY!!
      • Raider
      « Reply #53 on: Mar 11, 2010, 09:32:03 pm »

RSR
      Wanna pay them a visit? It's fine by me.  :raider: :raider:
      LOL
      SEA-ROAR MEMBER

gostr8r

• Raider
      « Reply #54 on: Mar 11, 2010, 09:40:49 pm »
      No don't really want to visit 'em, just letting you know they're so close to home.

MYWORLD

• MY BABY!!
      • Raider
      « Reply #55 on: Mar 11, 2010, 09:41:22 pm »
      No don't really want to visit 'em, just letting you know they're so close to home.
      LOL
      SEA-ROAR MEMBER

trimblejet

• Road Star
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #56 on: Mar 13, 2010, 07:39:50 pm »
      great write up! ileave in july for L.A, woul ???d have never thought about a simple fuse.

RedStar Raider

• WARR MEMBER
      • Raider
      « Reply #57 on: Mar 13, 2010, 07:43:13 pm »
      He has thought of a lot of little things.

RSR

gostr8r

• Raider
      « Reply #58 on: Mar 13, 2010, 08:10:16 pm »
      If you're out there alone and need one then you'll only leave home without it once. I have resorted to unwrapping a stick chewing gum and putting the foil around the bad fuse to get me home. The Raider comes with an extra fuse or 2 of the newer kind in the little black plastic fuse box tho. Check the amp requirements for the application first. Over or under by too much is not helpful.   quote author=trimblejet link=topic=4329.msg84705#msg84705 date=1268530790]
      great write up! ileave in july for L.A, woul ???d have never thought about a simple fuse.
      [/quote]
      « Last Edit: Mar 13, 2010, 09:09:59 pm by gostr8r »

RedStar Raider

• WARR MEMBER
      • Raider
      « Reply #59 on: Mar 13, 2010, 11:57:11 pm »
      Why thank you Ray.