Author Topic: Who DIDN'T ride  (Read 261025 times)

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Who DIDN'T ride
« Reply #15 on: Dec 01, 2013, 09:45:02 pm »
Move to Texas.  Rode in 73 degree weather today ;D

first rule about Who didn't ride, is that we don't talk about riding in the Who didn't ride thread ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2013, 09:50:47 pm by dreadly »

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

dreadly

• living the dream
    • Global Moderator
    • Raider
    « Reply #16 on: Dec 01, 2013, 09:54:22 pm »
    Man, I really feel for you guys and gals that can't ride in the winter.  I do remember what it was like to have to park the bike until spring.  I hated it then and it still gives me bad dreams when I think about it now.

It's hard for those that really enjoy riding like me, but I also know that my bike will be around that much longer for me to enjoy. And each spring it's like Christmas for us. I relive the first ride home each season when I do the first run of the year. Not sure I would want to miss that for the sake of riding all year long. I know me and I would start to take it for granted and not truly enjoy each ride I go on because I know that if I didn't go today, there would always be tomorrow.

Here, once we hit September, there is no guarantee that tomorrow will be a day we will be able to ride, so enjoy the ride that day.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #17 on: Dec 01, 2013, 10:00:30 pm »
    Man, I really feel for you guys and gals that can't ride in the winter.  I do remember what it was like to have to park the bike until spring.  I hated it then and it still gives me bad dreams when I think about it now.

It's hard for those that really enjoy riding like me, but I also know that my bike will be around that much longer for me to enjoy. And each spring it's like Christmas for us. I relive the first ride home each season when I do the first run of the year. Not sure I would want to miss that for the sake of riding all year long. I know me and I would start to take it for granted and not truly enjoy each ride I go on because I know that if I didn't go today, there would always be tomorrow.

Here, once we hit September, there is no guarantee that tomorrow will be a day we will be able to ride, so enjoy the ride that day.

Exactly right, being able to ride daily has spoiled me, I still very much love to ride but I honestly don't feel like I used to when I had to park it for the winter.  Now I am not going to move because of it but I do know what you mean about Christmas in Springtime...   :)  Hang in the Brother, Christmas is but a few months away...  ;)

• Advertisement

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #18 on: Dec 01, 2013, 10:17:11 pm »
      Drove the car 360 miles today on Alaskans winter roads.  By the time winter is over I feel like an Ice Road Trucker.  No Raider riding, but I did ride the 4 wheeler long enough to clean enough snow off the driveway to be able to get the car in. 
      SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #19 on: Dec 01, 2013, 10:44:53 pm »
      I was always very tentative on those early spring rides because of the sand that remained from the winter road care.  I remember being excited about getting over 2000 miles on my bike in a season up in Maine.
      The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

CASPER

• Road Star
      « Reply #20 on: Dec 02, 2013, 01:11:05 am »
      Who didn't ride?      ME >:( >:(
      BURN RUBBER, NOT YOUR SOUL!

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
      • Raider
      « Reply #21 on: Dec 02, 2013, 04:55:06 am »
      No riding for me either >:( Was pretty nice out Saturday so I went to get on the Raider, hit the starter button and all I got was a click click click- da-- dead battery :cus: Hooked up the battery charger and then spent the rest of the afternoon installing a winch and plow on my fourwheeler.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      « Reply #22 on: Dec 02, 2013, 06:21:39 am »
      Was gonna say I didn't ride... but then that would be the tiniest of lies... I rode 'bout 100' and then climbed 'bout 42".  ;D

I had to load Sonja today for a camp move tomorrow... since I broke the Truck  :'( Knocked 5th gear out and I'm 70 mile or so above Phoenix. SO, in the morning I'll limp on down with 4 gears to a bit NW of town where I know of a good boondock 'tween Lake Pleasant and Wickenburg... and I'll be a lot closer to the place that's hopefully gonna put the tranny right... without me gettin' pregnant in the deal!  :o

Then... with the old lady flying back to Colorado wednesday... it'll be quite a bit of two wheels on asphalt till christmas... assuming the truck repair hadn't put me in debtors prison  :shrug:
      That picture looks like your bike is sittin sideways in the truck cant tell cause its to dark . Your truck must be extremely wide.  Nice picture though.
      Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

mnewfield

• Warrior
      « Reply #23 on: Dec 02, 2013, 06:25:03 am »
      This time of year is depressing.  It looks great outside with no clouds and a nice breeze...until you step outside that is.

So freaking cold.  March is not that far away :)

[img]https://www.roadstarraider.com/gallery/320538-290115045145.jpeg[img]

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #24 on: Dec 02, 2013, 07:38:24 am »
      With all of the snow we had last week, I'll be lucky to get out again until spring.  They salted and cindered the heck out of the roads already.
      I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #25 on: Dec 02, 2013, 08:42:23 am »
      Biker Cowboy- Love the photo!

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #26 on: Dec 02, 2013, 08:54:46 am »
      Exactly right, being able to ride daily has spoiled me, I still very much love to ride but I honestly don't feel like I used to when I had to park it for the winter.  Now I am not going to move because of it but I do know what you mean about Christmas in Springtime...   :)  Hang in the Brother, Christmas is but a few months away...  ;)

I'm not a Christmas guy, so the next highlight is the bike show in January

I always giggle like a little kid each spring because when the snow starts to melt, I will get a phone call or VM with the sound of their bike running and them just laughing in the background. That in turn has me going out to start mine. Sometimes while it's running, knowing I cant ride just yet, I rev it up and laugh ... I then send a video message back to the boys. So much fun. And that enthusiasm carries through the first few months of riding. 

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #27 on: Dec 02, 2013, 04:58:48 pm »
      it was nice and cloudy today but 64 degs but by the time I get home from work its almost dark so NO RIDE FOR ME EITHER :crying:
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

fenderless 33

• SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #28 on: Dec 02, 2013, 05:29:27 pm »
      Not to rub it in but rode Fri. Sat and Sun. down her in Florida. A little cool but a mans got to do what a guys got to do. Even stopped for and adult beverage [go figure that]. Feel sorry for you guys up north as I can remember putting the scooter away for the winter. Best of luck to all.

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #29 on: Dec 02, 2013, 05:59:02 pm »
      I didn't ride.
      The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009