Author Topic: Who DIDN'T ride  (Read 234353 times)

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Who DIDN'T ride
« Reply #30 on: Dec 02, 2013, 06:35:41 pm »
Rain today >:( . Pretty all day long until i got ready to go ride. Then rain rain.
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

THUNDER

• Global Moderator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 11
    « Reply #31 on: Dec 02, 2013, 06:49:49 pm »
    It was 79 today, I took a short ride,,,been busy....
    THUNDER
    You can watch stuff happen
    You can make stuff happen
    Or you can say what the hell happened....Quote from ..Capt. Phil...R.I.P.
    PATRIOT GUARD RIDER

[img]http://www.roadstarraider.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    « Reply #32 on: Dec 02, 2013, 06:56:36 pm »

first rule about Who didn't ride, is that we don't talk about riding in the Who didn't ride thread ;D
    It was 79 today, I took a short ride,,,been busy....
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

• Advertisement

the urban legend

• Raider
      « Reply #33 on: Dec 02, 2013, 06:57:14 pm »
      No riding for a while :( Just backing her out of the shed would be asking for trouble...

Miss her already.

This is a picture of my Raider taken Nov.27th
      I'd rather die on a motorcycle than live without one.

Biker Cowboy

• Two wheels on a Ribbon of Highway = Shining Times
      • Roadliner
        • Motorcycle Touring on Freedom Road
      « Reply #34 on: Dec 02, 2013, 07:36:24 pm »
      There's a solution to be found for all you boys that haven't yet learned the wisdom of the Goose; NORTH in the Summer but When that Sun goes south... GO WITH IT!

http://pedal-dozer.com/timbersled/

Now... I'm sure a clever Raider Rider  could adapt one of these outfits to that 113 cubic inch Snow Shredder!

And then with electric underwear, some blackberry brandy in the camelback... ON... your back... and the wind in your face... let 'er SNOW dammit!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

orrrrr... just run on down to the desert with them of us as is clever 'nuff to follow the wild geese!
      When the world is crushing your soul... Put two wheels on a Ribbon of Highway... and leave your burdens behind...

the urban legend

• Raider
      « Reply #35 on: Dec 02, 2013, 09:15:17 pm »
      Cowboy   maybe someday I'll follow the migrating birds...But for now I need a steady paycheck.

So I face whatever mother nature tosses at me...Not always pleasant but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #36 on: Dec 03, 2013, 08:20:59 am »
      I have mixed feelings about this... I would love to see a bunch of Raiders head down to AZ, but I can't say I care for the snowbirds every winter. Probably mostly because they don't know the rules of the road and aren't used to the high speeds around here. My dad just about lost it when he moved here from Fond du Lac, WI. The highest speed I remember in that town was 35 mph. 15 mph was not unheard of as a normal street speed limit.  Then he gets here and the average city speed limit is 45 mph, but because most of the roads are straight, generally in good condition and we have nice driving weather about 90% of the time, 55-60 mph is pretty common.  These are just city streets. Not the freeway where 80+ mph is often seen.

Biker Cowboy

• Roadliner
      « Reply #37 on: Dec 03, 2013, 10:38:38 am »
      I have mixed feelings about this... I would love to see a bunch of Raiders head down to AZ, but I can't say I care for the snowbirds every winter. Probably mostly because they don't know the rules of the road and aren't used to the high speeds around here. My dad just about lost it when he moved here from Fond du Lac, WI. The highest speed I remember in that town was 35 mph. 15 mph was not unheard of as a normal street speed limit.  Then he gets here and the average city speed limit is 45 mph, but because most of the roads are straight, generally in good condition and we have nice driving weather about 90% of the time, 55-60 mph is pretty common.  These are just city streets. Not the freeway where 80+ mph is often seen.

Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh... running down I-17 on a clear and sunny day... at oh... 48mph with the flashers on...  cuz 5th gear blew out of the truck... to get back to Phoenix and the repair shops... with plenty of room to pass ( a whole 'nuther lane ) do people pull over into that Other Lane BEFORE they get to me? (easy to see too... Four tail lights... one set just above eye level... one at bumper level... all four flashing)

nah... they swerve over at the last possible instant (multiple incidents... with no others around when they pass)... nearly taking off their freakin' mirrors and then cuss and "Gesture" and HONK... because I'm "Slow"  :cus:

Yeah... I was slow... They're going ' bout 15-20 OVER... so I blow 'em a kiss...

My general response is... (but I'm purty sure they can't hear it)  :rolleyes:
      "I ain't slow moh-ron... I'm BROKEN! That's uh... DUHHHHHH... why the FLASHERS are... FLASHING!!!???"

Yup... 19,000 lb rolling road block  :shrug:
      When the world is crushing your soul... Put two wheels on a Ribbon of Highway... and leave your burdens behind...

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #38 on: Dec 03, 2013, 11:05:23 am »
      Sorry Cowboy, but if I was only able to do 48 mph, I probably wouldn't be getting on the freeway. I would use the access road.   But if you had 4th gear, why were you stuck at 48 mph? I had a car that was stuck in 2nd once and was able to exceed 48 mph without redlining.

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #39 on: Dec 03, 2013, 12:13:20 pm »
      Guess what ... I didn't ride again today. Instead, before going to the gym this morning, I shoveled snow. The banks on the side of the driveway are getting big enough to take a leap off the roof into  ;D

This might become a father/daughter yearly thing lol

Biker Cowboy

• Roadliner
      « Reply #40 on: Dec 03, 2013, 12:35:15 pm »
      Sorry Cowboy, but if I was only able to do 48 mph, I probably wouldn't be getting on the freeway. I would use the access road.   But if you had 4th gear, why were you stuck at 48 mph? I had a car that was stuck in 2nd once and was able to exceed 48 mph without redlining.

Ares X; Well... There is no access road down 17 from Camp Verde ;) just the "big" road... to go around through Prescott or some other would be worse, since that's all two lane... I would be truly blocking the road.

Coming down the super slab... ever'body else has a whole wide lane to just roll on around... why is That such an issue for people? Up there it's not even like there was traffic that'd make them wait six seconds to go 'round...

With the tranny bad... and 4.10's in the truck I'm running about 2400-2500 rpm... red line on the diesel is around 3 grand... just didn't want to "push" it... chances are remote, but possible for that 5th gear that fell out of where it was supposed to be to get "into" something else and ... uh... make things juuuust a mite worse :) Would have just had the truck towed... but then the "House" would be stuck out in high chaparral with a a good chance of snow coming and me with just the scooter... So I needed to get the whole rig out of "mud" country

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #41 on: Dec 03, 2013, 01:04:08 pm »
      Oh!  I didn't realize you were referring to the trip from Prescott to Phoenix. I thought you were talking about driving through Phoenix. Yeah... Not much you can do in that case.

HallGuy

• Roadliner
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #42 on: Dec 03, 2013, 01:37:56 pm »
      Its definitely winter here in Manitoba...snow on the ground and cold....the Raider won't be making an appearance for at least 4 months...Grrrrr!  Going to be in Palm Springs the first week of April and want to rent a bike...I'm assuming it will have to be a Harley of some sort...anyone know of a place to rent a Yamaha???

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #43 on: Dec 03, 2013, 03:19:24 pm »
      I can't write anything here today.
      The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

the urban legend

• Raider
      « Reply #44 on: Dec 03, 2013, 06:50:40 pm »
      I can't write anything here today.

A**HOLE

Kidding...Lucky you