Author Topic: How to install Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Pipes  (Read 10182 times)

Chexxx

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: How to install Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Pipes
« Reply #15 on: Mar 27, 2014, 11:05:56 pm »
Thanks for the write up Sweet Tea Man, helped out a lot. Just installed my Freedom Performance exhaust. Bring on the warm weather!

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

sweet tea man

• The name....is Jeremy
    • Road Star
    « Reply #16 on: Mar 29, 2014, 06:28:23 am »
    Glad to help! You're welcome
    If you have faith and a wife who always has your back, you can accomplish anything.

Harosha

• Road Star
    « Reply #17 on: Apr 10, 2014, 09:18:29 pm »
    Hello All,

I am new here and thinking about installing these same pipes in black. Can you please tell me if I really need a FI processor if I install just the pipes? Will there be any popping etc ... at deceleration?

• Advertisement

Sethw3

• Road Star
      « Reply #18 on: Apr 10, 2014, 10:51:20 pm »
      There will be popping. The shorter the pipe the more sounds it will make

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #19 on: Apr 11, 2014, 04:20:21 am »
      Hello All,

I am new here and thinking about installing these same pipes in black. Can you please tell me if I really need a FI processor if I install just the pipes? Will there be any popping etc ... at deceleration?

As stated there will more than likely be popping but you will not have to add a tuner if you are only adding pipes.

bosfan

• Raider
      « Reply #20 on: Apr 11, 2014, 08:15:04 am »
      Hello All,

As stated there will more than likely be popping but you will not have to add a tuner if you are only adding pipes.
      I just had the Freedom SCR's installed with Cobra Power Pro a couple weeks ago and there is still a little bit of popping. It is few and far between but does still happen even with the Power Pro. Not sure if any other processors will completely eliminate the popping, but as Bill mentioned, it is not needed for only pipes. Although I have heard it is recommended to optimize performance when/if you decide to add intake.

Harosha

• Road Star
      « Reply #21 on: Apr 11, 2014, 10:47:25 pm »
      Thanks! I really like the look of these, flows really well with the bike. I will most like have these on my bike soon. The Freedom Performance website shows an option for quiet baffles, but it looks like the baffles are welded in and not easy to remove?

Harosha

• Road Star
      « Reply #22 on: May 07, 2014, 09:10:44 pm »
      Hello All,

After reading some posts on another thread about these pipes, I think quite a few people have mentioned that with Quiet Baffles part number AC00061 installed, there is no popping/fluttering sound. Can someone please confirm? Also, is there a post already that talks about removing the performance baffle and installing quiet baffle? I am ordering these in black as soon as someone confirms no popping with quiet baffles  ;D

Harosha

• Road Star
      « Reply #23 on: May 07, 2014, 09:19:35 pm »
      This is the thread I mentioned:

https://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?topic=12201.30

I think the member ikeys has moved on from Raider ...

sweet tea man

• The name....is Jeremy
      • Road Star
      « Reply #24 on: Jun 21, 2014, 09:55:52 am »
      I yanked the baffles that came in them and installed big city thunder baffles.  Love em!, BUT be prepared to work to remove the baffles.  I believe I made a post on here talking about the process
      If you have faith and a wife who always has your back, you can accomplish anything.

mrwhtfks

• Road Star
      « Reply #25 on: Mar 27, 2015, 01:16:19 pm »
      Sorry to dig up an older thread but this is directly related.  I installed the FPSC pipes last night and they look awesome.  One issue was I first tried to use the mounting plate that I had on my bike already and that did not work at all.  Removed the rest of the packing and found the plate they provided but hid a bit and it was much easier.  My other issue is with the O2 sensor.  After install the wires are not long enough to plug back in.  I know I saw some talk of splicing in longer wires but I hate cutting up a factory part like that if I can help it.  I looked under the seat at where the O2 sensor plugs in and it looks like if I could take it off the post that it rests on and re-route it, I could make it work.  Problem is I cant figure out how to get it off that post under the seat.  Looks like it should just slide toward the rear of the bike but its not moving at all.  Trying to avoid breaking that end cause I dont want to think about how much that would cost me.  So basically my question is twofold I guess. 

1)  Did I mess up the install somewhere causing the O2 wire not to reach?  Can't see where since everything else fit perfect but.....
      2)  Are my concerns valid about splicing in new (longer) wire into the O2 sensor?  (looking for a pro con type deal here)

Any ideas would be very helpful.  Thanks guys. 

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #26 on: Mar 27, 2015, 02:35:34 pm »
      Do you have a PCV installed?  If you do you don't need the 02 connected.  Just pug the 02 Eliminator that came with the PCV into the 02 Sensor slot.  Some have been able to reroute the wire but that all depends on the pipes you have.  With some it won't reach no matter how you reroute.  If you don't have a PCV it will not hurt to splice the wire to lengthen it.  Just make sure you use the same gauge wire to do it with.

mrwhtfks

• Road Star
      « Reply #27 on: Mar 27, 2015, 03:16:15 pm »
      Do you have a PCV installed?  If you do you don't need the 02 connected.  Just pug the 02 Eliminator that came with the PCV into the 02 Sensor slot.  Some have been able to reroute the wire but that all depends on the pipes you have.  With some it won't reach no matter how you reroute.  If you don't have a PCV it will not hurt to splice the wire to lengthen it.  Just make sure you use the same gauge wire to do it with.

Ok thanks.  No PCV installed, was looking at the PCIII up for sale in the classifieds but not sure the 3 has the O2 eliminator.  No funds for a PCV right now as I just got new Hard Bags, Pipes, Fairing and stereo equipment.  So I guess splicing it is. 

Raptor85

• Road Star
      « Reply #28 on: Mar 28, 2015, 12:17:23 am »
       8)

Ok thanks.  No PCV installed, was looking at the PCIII up for sale in the classifieds but not sure the 3 has the O2 eliminator.  No funds for a PCV right now as I just got new Hard Bags, Pipes, Fairing and stereo equipment.  So I guess splicing it is.

I helped a buddy install these pipes last week on his Raider.  I unplugged the O2 sensor from the post under the seat and rerouted it to fit.  It was a tight fit and the wires couldn't move another 1/16 of an inch without stretching it, but you don't have to splice.

mrwhtfks

• Road Star
      « Reply #29 on: Mar 30, 2015, 08:58:27 am »
      8)

I helped a buddy install these pipes last week on his Raider.  I unplugged the O2 sensor from the post under the seat and rerouted it to fit.  It was a tight fit and the wires couldn't move another 1/16 of an inch without stretching it, but you don't have to splice.

I looked at that and thought it would work but could not get that receiver end off the post.  Was afraid of breaking it somehow.  Any tips on getting it off that post or just brute force?