Author Topic: Those of you with stainless brake lines?  (Read 3412 times)

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 4
Re: Those of you with stainless brake lines?
« Reply #15 on: Oct 14, 2010, 09:23:14 pm »
... or, on the bottom of the thread you'll see this:

Reply  |  Notify  |  Add poll  |  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Add an Article     

Just click on the "Notify". 

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

RedStar Raider

• WARR MEMBER
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 3
    « Reply #16 on: Oct 14, 2010, 11:19:13 pm »
    You guys rock!! I really dig this site!!

RSR
    RedStar Raider             FOUR WHEELS MOVE YOUR BODY, TWO WHEELS MOVE YOUR SOUL.

mnewfield

• Warrior
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #17 on: Oct 15, 2010, 06:33:46 am »
    This is definitely on my winter mod list...

[img]https://www.roadstarraider.com/gallery/320538-290115045145.jpeg[img]

• Advertisement

Brians last toy :-)

• Road Star
      « Reply #18 on: Oct 15, 2010, 09:52:20 am »
      ...or in one of your posts on the thread you want to subscribe to, click on Modify then in the lower left click on Additional Options and check the box for Notify me of Replies.  You can do that when you first post a reply, too.

except I dont want to be notified from every post Just want a spot to keep ones Im interested in.

V bullitin Forums like MBF and the challenger sites as well as all my jeep forums..

Sorry for the hi-jack

Peter Pollock

• Raider
      « Reply #19 on: Oct 15, 2010, 01:34:18 pm »
      Send a message to "Paladin".  I believe he put them on his Raider.
      He can tell you how the job goes, and where to get the parts.

cheers,
      dT
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2010, 01:35:56 pm by distantThunder »

therealchuckdizzle

• www.baronscustom.com
      • Road Star
      • Referrals: 1
        • Baron Custom Accessories
      « Reply #20 on: Oct 15, 2010, 05:00:16 pm »
      Chilly, I know we sell both 7 & 8mm speed bleeders....but not sure of the fitment. Maybe someone could PM Brent?
      Never regret what you have done, at one point it was exactly what you wanted to do.

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 5
      « Reply #21 on: Oct 15, 2010, 05:56:31 pm »
      Cilly, from what I can find, including the speedbleeder website, you are correct
      Front and clutch are SB8125L and the rear brake is an SB7100S.

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 5
      « Reply #22 on: Oct 15, 2010, 07:16:55 pm »
      Quote from: TRaider_John
      Cilly, from what I can find, including the speedbleeder website, you are correct
      Front and clutch are SB8125L and the rear brake is an SB7100S.

That's what I figured. Speedbleeders come is pairs, so I'll have to get two pairs of the 8mm, and 1 pair of the 7mm. Leaves me with an extra one bleeder of each in the end.

Thanks fellas,
      ~chilly
      I'm sending a PM

craigac

• Road Star
      « Reply #23 on: Feb 17, 2021, 09:52:51 am »
      Thanks for noticing, fake.

Two things to watch for when ordering:
      Front brake:  Comes in a two piece or three piece set.  The two piece is a separate line from the master cylinder to each front brake.  (You can also get it so there is a single line to the right brake and one that loops over the fender to the left side).  The three piece is what came installed.  i.e. one line to a manifold (splitter) and a line from there to each front brake.  Be sure to order the one you want.

Clutch line:  The first ones that came out were full length from the cylinder to the clutch slave and replaced the entire manifold and hardline.  You now can find some that are the same length as stock and use a similar manifold to connect to the hardline.  I had to have mine custom made.  Again, be sure you know what you are ordering.

Throttle cables are more difficult to install than the brake lines because you need to lift the tank and disassemble the right grip.  That is not really that difficult, but consumes more time.

Bleeding lines can be a PITB, but it can be done by one person.  A second makes it easier, but he'll drink your beer.

I have not come across a two piece set that fits the description given in red. Can someone point me in the right direction to look?
      « Last Edit: Feb 17, 2021, 10:00:35 am by craigac »

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #24 on: Feb 17, 2021, 07:03:06 pm »
      Thanks for noticing, fake.

Front brake:  Comes in a two piece or three piece set.  The two piece is a separate line from the master cylinder to each front brake.  (You can also get it so there is a single line to the right brake and one that loops over the fender to the left side).  The three piece is what came installed.  i.e. one line to a manifold (splitter) and a line from there to each front brake.  Be sure to order the one you want.

Clutch line:  The first ones that came out were full length from the cylinder to the clutch slave and replaced the entire manifold and hardline.  You now can find some that are the same length as stock and use a similar manifold to connect to the hardline.  I had to have mine custom made.  Again, be sure you know what you are ordering.

Throttle cables are more difficult to install than the brake lines because you need to lift the tank and disassemble the right grip.  That is not really that difficult, but consumes more time.

Bleeding lines can be a PITB, but it can be done by one person.  A second makes it easier, but he'll drink your beer.

I have not come across a two piece set that fits the description given in red. Can someone point me in the right direction to look?

I installed a Barons two line kit on my 08 Raider - loved it.   Am now looking to install a +2 two-line kit on my '15 - problem is I can't find a two line kit- don't think Barons makes the two-line kit anymore. 

That said, I'm going to order a two line kit from Galfer.  It's a much cleaner look as it eliminates the splitter manifold under the trip-tree.  Might also order a full length clutch line, master to slave cylinder.  Did that before on the '08 - it cleans up the left side frame.

As far as bleeding, use a reverse bleed method - much easier.  Just be sure to pull excess fluid to prevent overflow.

craigac

• Road Star
      « Reply #25 on: Feb 17, 2021, 08:16:47 pm »
      Goodridge and HEL Performance still make two line kits with a double banjo bolt at the master cylinder. The two line kit Iím wanting to see apparently has a double banjo bolt at the right caliper.

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #26 on: Feb 18, 2021, 05:16:05 pm »
      Goodridge and HEL Performance still make two line kits with a double banjo bolt at the master cylinder. The two line kit Iím wanting to see apparently has a double banjo bolt at the right caliper.

Yep- that's the kit

craigac

• Road Star
      « Reply #27 on: Feb 18, 2021, 10:21:46 pm »

Yep- that's the kit

Which kit was/is it with the double banjo bolt at the right caliper, the Barons? Sorry, just a little confused because the two I mentioned have a double banjo bolt at the master cylinder, not the right caliper.

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #28 on: Feb 19, 2021, 06:43:33 pm »

Yep- that's the kit

Which kit was/is it with the double banjo bolt at the right caliper, the Barons? Sorry, just a little confused because the two I mentioned have a double banjo bolt at the master cylinder, not the right caliper.

Not sure which kit has a dual banjo at the caliper - never seen that kit.  I misunderstood your question - I was talking dual banjo at the reservoir.

Attached is the Galfer order form.  Their website has info on how to measure, etc. You should be able to order what you're looking for from Galfer.

craigac

• Road Star
      « Reply #29 on: Feb 20, 2021, 08:09:32 am »
      Thanks A.T.! I had originally thought that John was describing a dual banjo at the caliper, I am starting to realize that may have been a mistaken assumption on my part. After looking at the order form you posted I think the 3-LINE CRIMPED probably fits the description in question.