Author Topic: LETS GET IT GOING  (Read 4366 times)

THUNDER

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 12
LETS GET IT GOING
« on: Jan 04, 2009, 06:58:19 am »
WELL I HAVE BEEN ON THIS SITE A FEW WEEKS NOW , SEEMS TO HAVE GONE KINDA DORMANT, LETS TELL ALL OF OUR RAIDER BROTHERS ABOUT THIS SITE,  THIS IS THE IDEAL PLACE FOR THE RAIDER COMMUNITY TO HANG OUT, IM NOT PUTTING DOWN THE OTHER FORUMS BUT THEY HAVE GOT A LITTLE BUSY WITH OTHER ISSUES, THIS ONE IS PRETTY MUCH DECIATED TO THE RAIDER  AND THAT MAKES IT SPECIAL TO ME , BUT ITS KINDA HARD TALKING TO YOURSELF..............

« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2009, 10:24:36 pm by THUNDER »
THUNDER
You can watch stuff happen
You can make stuff happen
Or you can say what the hell happened....Quote from ..Capt. Phil...R.I.P.
PATRIOT GUARD RIDER

[img]http://www.roadstarraider.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

radman

• V Star
    • Referrals: 0
    Re: LETS GET IT GOING
    « Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2009, 09:33:50 am »
    OK Thunder, here we go.

What would you like to see Yamaha add/remove/change on the Raider?  I would like to have a more visible speedometer and would like to see a tachometer added somehow.  In my opinion, the front fender should be restyled.  I like the one Bhodge has on his bike.  What's with the cut out on the chrome tank trim?  It looks like something is missing.  I'm not sure what needs to be done but it looks weird to me.  The rider foot pegs could be better, at least chrome them, they look cheap.

These are all small things, it's hard to nit pick a bike as nice as the Raider.  I think the styling of a motorcycle would be the most difficult thing for designers to agree on, as everyone likes something different. Yamaha did an OUTSTANDING job on the Raider!

I'll probably get flamed for some of my ideas but remember, these are only MY opinions and you don't have to agree. I only brought this up because I would like to hear what you guys (and ladies) think.

THUNDER

• Global Moderator
    • Raider
    « Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2009, 10:17:35 am »
    GOOD POINTS, I  CHANGED THE FRONT FENDER TO THE MORTONS, I LIKE THE CROME PEACE JUST TRYING TO FIGURE OUT SOMETHING FOR THE CUT OUT , TACH WOULD BE NICE I WILL PUT ONE ON IN THE NEAR FURTURE, THANKS FOR THE RESPONCE......
    THUNDER
    PATRIOT GUARD RIDER

• Advertisement

radman

• V Star
      « Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2009, 10:35:12 am »
      Thunder,

Let me know when you decide on a tach.  I have looked at some in the J&P Cycles catalog but haven't been able to figure out how and where to mount one without it looking really "added on".

Ace

• Raider
      • Referrals: 131
        • RoadStarRaider.com
      « Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2009, 11:09:49 am »
      WELL I HAVE BEEN ON THIS SITE A FEW WEEKS NOW , SEEMS TO HAVE GONE KINDA DORMANT, LETS TELL ALL OF OUR RAIDER BROTHERS ABOUT THIS SITE,  THIS IS THE IDEAL PLACE FOR THE RAIDER COMMUNITY TO HANG OUT, IM NOT PUTTING DOWN THE OTHER FORUMS BUT THEY HAVE GOT A LITTLE BUSY WITH OTHER ISSUES, THIS ONE IS PRETTY MUCH DECIATED TO THE RAIDRER, AND THAT MAKES IT SPECIAL TO ME , BUT ITS KINDA HARD TALKING TO YOURSELF..............

I agree THUNDER.  The site has been a bit slow the last few weeks.  I blame some of that on the holidays though.

When I first launched the site I got a lot of traffic by posting in other forums.  The only problem with that though is in many cases it was my first post on those forums so I had no "cred" with the other users and it also looked like spam.  If you guys were to mention this site to other people it would be better than me doing it.

I have been working on getting the site listed on search engines such as google, but getting rankings takes time.  The more content and conversations that are on the forum, the better.  For example, in this thred you mentioned mortons....in a month or two a search for "Star Raider Mortons" might drive people to this site because of this thread.

Anyway, I appreciate those of you who are dedicated to the site and have been making it better.  Please know that I am still "behind the scenes" trying to drive traffic to the site.

THUNDER

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2009, 11:15:17 am »
      THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU DO I WILL HELP  IN ANYWAY I CAN BRENT AND I ARE GOOD FRIENDS AND IM SURE HE WILL DO THE SAME....
      « Last Edit: Jan 04, 2009, 11:30:23 am by THUNDER »
      THUNDER
      PATRIOT GUARD RIDER

TheOhiomike

• Road Star
      « Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2009, 02:14:23 pm »
      Alot more effort goes in to sites like this than most ever understand or comprehend. Thanks..

SWomack

• Raider
      • Referrals: 19
      « Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2009, 05:22:48 pm »
      Ace
      You are doing a great job so far so don't let it get you down.

Start spreading the word fellow Raider riders.

Later
      Scott Womack

Ace

• Raider
        • RoadStarRaider.com
      « Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2009, 05:24:06 pm »
      thanks for the support guys...thunder's posts really seem to be driving a lot of traffic right now.  looks like we got a few more members today.

SWomack

• Raider
      • Referrals: 19
      « Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2009, 05:35:37 pm »
      Once again you are doing a great job so don't let it get you down.  With the holidays gone I am sure that things will really start to pick up.  You know how the holidays are.  Everyone is out and about spending their money.  Now they are all trying to figure how they are going to pay for everything they just purchased.  LOL

Later
      Swomack

Ace

• Raider
        • RoadStarRaider.com
      « Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2009, 05:48:23 pm »
      Once again you are doing a great job so don't let it get you down.  With the holidays gone I am sure that things will really start to pick up.  You know how the holidays are.  Everyone is out and about spending their money.  Now they are all trying to figure how they are going to pay for everything they just purchased.  LOL

Later
      Swomack

I hope so...I still think its going to take another month or two to really get things going.  I am pretty happy with how far its come already.

GrayRaider08

« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2009, 05:59:51 pm »
      Hang in there ACE, things have been slow but they are move ahead in a positive way.
      This site should grow.  I will try to bring some more over form the other boards I'm on,
      I'm pretty good at TWISTING ARMS, if need be.  :P

As far as things I would change on the Raider, they should offer a floor model w/ the Corbin Fairing and hard bags, like the Red one they had on their{Corbin} website.
      I think that thing looks GREAT!  Especially sense it's RED!

By the way, Ghost 1900 and I are working on an air kit of our own for the Raider and it sure won't cost $300.00 either.  Once we get it done I will post what we did and the final cost if anyone is interested.

Gray  ;D

Gray

IndyRaider

• Warrior
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #12 on: Jan 07, 2009, 10:44:57 am »
      I can vouch for one that my recent lack of activity on this site has been due to holidays, illness, and catching up with work. I'm back now, and picking up where I left off.

I agree on the addition of a tach, I am not opposed to the concept of a factory offered bagger-version like the corbin raider (I wouldn't buy it but I see no harm in offering it for those who would). Other than that...I think it's fairly perfect because you need a base that people want to deviate from, which produces all of our wonderful iterations of this bada$$ bike. Something stands out to you that I would overlook initially, which is why you mod a different part of the bike first; and he mods some other part, and they mod the rear fender.... and so it goes on. For the countless people who replace stock pegs, rider and passenger, why bother having pegs that look super nice and expensive from the factory; keep that crap I'm just gonna pull off anyway cheap so I don't pay an arm and a leg for some hunk of junk that rots on a garage shelf after it gets replaced with what I really want.

Finally, GrayRaider,
        I sure am interested in the air kit you and ghost have been talking about for the last couple of days... let me know when you're getting somewhere

-Indy
      May your tank be always full...and the road ahead of you always empty.
           -Indy

GrayRaider08

« Reply #13 on: Jan 07, 2009, 11:31:10 am »
      We're already making headway, I have the filter numbers now and Derik & Nick are verifying them prior to ordering them for me.  The other alterations should be easy
      and not to complicated.I will keep everyone posted as to our accomplishments
      and where you can order the filters if you want to do the mods.

I have invited another RaiderRider, GhostRiderVStar{Ghost1900} to come over from the Yamaha Board.  He has the Corbin bags on his Raider because he roadtrips alot during the summer and is tired of being slammed because of the bags.
      I told him we didn't have a bunch of "DICK-HEADS" on here and to "each his own" as
      far as to what each rider does to his bike. When he shows up lets make him feel welcome
      as you did when I came aboard.

I for one{if I could afford it} would love to have that Corbin Raider for RoadTrips.
      I love the looks, especially sense it's already RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gray!!!!!

IndyRaider

• Warrior
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #14 on: Jan 07, 2009, 03:53:14 pm »
      Ghost1900 is always welcome anywhere in my book. I think those corbin hardbags he has on are beautiful. I don't have bags on mine right now, but that was the original plan when I bought the bike. I had since decided to wait till necessity really struck, and was going to get quick-release at that time. NOW...I'm starting to wonder if one day down the road I grab the corbin hardbags and have them custom painted to match the rest of the bike; All because those lines just fit as though it was factory design. It's definitely the best looking bags on a raider to date.

-Indy
      May your tank be always full...and the road ahead of you always empty.
           -Indy